It is also really hard to outfit a boat and take all of your personal items in two suitcases, a carry on, and a backpack! So officially, here is are plan:
- Fly out from Northwest Arkansas to Belize City on August 7th. We then have to take a small plane from Belize City to Placencia, which is in southern Belize.
- We will stay the first night in Laru Beya Resort and hopefully will be moving on the boat on the 8th or 9th.
- We close on the boat on the 9th!
- We have a slip rented from the Moorings Marina, which is part of the Laru Beya Resort. We will stay at the marina through the hurricane season.
- After that, we have agenda A and B.
- A: After hurricane season we sail north up Belize and then on to Mexico. We then sail from Mexico, around Cuba, to Florida, which we then can do a refit and ship some of our things from Arkansas. We hope that we could spend Christmas in the Bahamas, and then down the Caribbean chain to Grenada for the next hurricane season.
- B: Sail through Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica to Panama. Hang out in San Blas Islands, Panama for the next hurricane season.
|Laru Beya Resort|
We enjoyed 4 days in San Blas on a multi-hull; up to ~365 great little islands to see and snorkel. The Kuna folks make very pretty molas- hand-sewing, at simplest huts. The lack of dependable, clean drinking water and modern sanitation infrastructure was common & concerning. My wife got a tough ear infection. Yes, should cruise a lot there, and bring plenty of drinking water &/or a good water-maker, with disinfection step.ReplyDelete